https://hygall.com/436078073
view 2011
2021.12.24 23:51
DAVID BARRERA INTERVIEW

1. How did you find out and end up auditioning for GK?

Q 어떻게 젠킬 오디션 보게됐는지

Through my manager. She got me an appointment to go read, went in and did the reading. I got a call back, though I thought call back was horrible...I had been up all night with the girls, I was sleepy and nervous, and I just thought it was terrible. The next day my manager called back and said they were interested. So weeks and weeks go by and she's telling me it's between me and another guy, and we're calling to see what's going on. Finally one week before shooting was set to start I got the call that I had gotten the part.

매니저를 통해서요. 매니저가 대본 리딩 약속을 잡아줬고, 들어가서 대본을 읽었어요. 연락을 받았어요, 호러블한 전화라고 생각했지만... 나는 딸들과 밤을 새웠고, 졸리고 초조했어요. 난 그냥 그게 호러블하다고 생각했고. 다음날 매니저한테 연락이 왔는데, 그들이 관심이 있다고 했어요. 몇 주가 지나고 또 몇 주가 지나는데 나랑 다른 남자가 (케케 역에) 있다고 했어요. 그래서 무슨 일이 있는지 궁금해서 전화했어요. 촬영이 시작되기 일주일 전 드디어 배역을 따냈다는 연락을 받았죠.

2. Tell us a little bit about the Carbone project and how it came to be, as well as you working with Ben and Neal again.

Q Carbone 프로젝트에 대한 거랑, 어떻게 Ben(에클로프 역)과 Neal(식스타 역)과 다시 함께 작업하게 되었는지.

Ben called me and said he was doing this project and that he wanted me in it and I told him sure, whatever he wanted me to do, I was in. It's a trilogy of short films. The idea was to either put them all together for a feature film, or to raise money for it to be shown as a feature film, or possibly as a TV show for Cinemax or HBO. Ben and his buddy came up with the idea for the show. There are going to be more of the Generation Kill guys in the third feature that we are filming later this month. The first short won an award at one of the festivals where it showed. I have seen the first and second parts and they are both hilarious. I'm not sure what will happen, but I think that they will get the interest of some people because the shows are very hilarious.

벤(벤자민 부시/에클로프 소령 역)이 저한테 전화해서 이 프로젝트를 하고 있다고 말했고, 저는 벤에게 그가 무엇을 원하든, 제가 참여한다고 말했어요. Carbone은 단편 영화 3부작인데. 그 아이디어는 장편 영화를 위해 그들 모두를 합치거나, 그것이 장편 영화로 상영될 수 있도록 돈을 모으거나, 어쩌면 시네맥스나 HBO를 위한 TV 쇼로 상영될 수 있도록 하는 거였어요. 벤과 그의 친구는 쇼를 위한 아이디어를 생각해냈고. 저희가 이번 달 말 촬영하는 세 번째 장편 영화에는 젠킬 출연진이 더 많이 나와요. 첫 번째 단편은 상영된 페스티벌 중 하나에서 상을 받았죠. 1편과 2편을 봤는데 둘 다 너무 웃겨요. 무슨 일이 일어날지는 모르겠지만, 그 쇼들이 너무 웃겨서 몇몇 사람들의 관심을 끌 것 같아요.

3. Unlike some of the other actors, you have been in the acting business for quite a while. Did you have anyone that you looked to as a role model or mentor on the GK set? If so, who and why?

Q 꽤 오랫동안 연기 활동을 해왔는데 젠킬에서 롤모델이나 멘토로 기대했던 사람이 있었음?

Kellan Lutz---just kidding. The joke was that when I'd see Kellan I'd look at him and say, it's a shame he doesn't have a future in this business. But, no I didn't really have a role model so to speak. During shooting I looked up to Eric and Rudy as advisors because they were the lifeline to the guys, they knew Greigo in and out, so I looked up to them in that sense. It was nice having some peers, there were 4 or 5 of us that were all about the same age, 38, who were married and some had kids.

켈란 러츠(릴리 역) 농담이에요. 걔를 보고 미래가 없다는 것이 부끄럽다고 말하는 농담이었음. 말하자면 저는 롤모델이 없었어요. 촬영할 때 에릭(찐에릭)과 루디를 자문으로서 존경했는데, 그들이 그레이고를 잘 알고 있었기 때문에 그런 면에서 존경했어요. 같은 나이인 38살에 기혼자에 아이가 있는 4-5명의 또래들이 있다는 것도 좋았어요.

4. What is your favorite project that you have worked on so far in your career and why?

Q 커리어에서 지금까지 한일 중에 제일 좋아하는 거?

Generation Kill is my favorite, mostly because of the life long friendships I've made from it. I've never really has that on a set. Usually I go on set, do my work, and leave. In Hollywood, it is very easy to be that way, unless you are working on a series. But usually I go in for a week, do my part, and I'm done. That was not the case with GK. With GK, we spent 6 or 7 months together and all we had was ourselves. We were in Uppington, South Africa, and all the people there thought we were British and kept asking us if we were from the UK. Being in Uppington was like being in a small town in Oklahoma or Nebraska. It was a small town, far from the city, people drove around in pick up trucks, and were very friendly. But because we were so isolated, we hung out a lot and became very close. These are friendships that I know I'll maintain for life.

가장 좋아하는 건 젠킬이에요. 평생을 갈 우정을 쌓았기 때문에. 촬영장에서 그런 건 한 번도 안 해봤어요. 보통 촬영장에 가서 일을 하고나면 떠나잖아요. 할리우드에서는 시리즈를 작업하는 것이 아닌 이상 그런 경향이 있어요. 보통 일주일간 일을 하고 제 역할을 다하면 끝이에요. 젠킬은 그런 경우가 아니었죠. 함께 6개월에서 7개월을 함께 보냈고 우리가 가진 건 우리 자신들뿐이었어요. 우리는 남아프리카의 Uppington에 있었고, 거기 사람들은 우리가 영국인인 줄 알고 계속 우리에게 영국에서 왔냐고 물어봤어요. Uppington에 있는 건 오클라호마나 네브라스카의 작은 마을에 있는 것 같았어요. 도시에서 멀리 떨어진 작은 마을이었고, 사람들은 트럭을 타고 돌아다녔고, 매우 친절했죠. 우리끼리 너무 고립되어 있었기 때문에 많이 어울렸고 많이 친해졌어요. 평생 유지할 수 있는 우정이에요.

5. Who of all of your GK co-stars have you remained close with since filming ended?

Q 촬영이 끝나고도 가깝게 지내는 출연자?

Salome Martinez, Jon Huertas, and Eric Nenninger on occasion.

가끔씩 살로메(더티얼 역), 존(에스페라 역), 에릭(캡아 역)

6. Has it been difficult with you and your wife both being in the industry and trying to raise a family?

Q 당신과 아내 둘이 이 일을 하면서 가정을 꾸리는게 어려웠겠어요
(아내분도 배우라서)

It hasn't been difficult. It just takes some work, scheduling and that sort of thing. It used to be that most all of our jobs were in L.A., but now there is a lot of productions that are going out of town and it requires a little more sacrifice. Like when Maria was doing Camp Rock 2 in Toronto, and the Wizards movie in Puerto Rico, those were both 7 week stints, so me and the girls packed up and we went with her. I just told my agent I wouldn't be going out for jobs for those weeks we were gone. At first, I said we'd send Maria and our babysitter with the girls and then I thought, well what am I going to do, just stay around here and go to auditions? And I didn't want to keep the girls with me and have them, at 4 years old and 6 years old, away from their mother for that long, so I just decided I would go too and it'd just be me and Maria and the girls. Doing GK made me think in that way, because they were even younger when I was filming GK and I vowed after that not to go away for that long. It just takes work and sacrifice. Family comes first, not the industry. Raising a family is the most important thing to us.

어렵지 않았어요. 그냥 일, 일정, 그런 게 좀 필요할 뿐이에요. 예전에는 우리 직장이 대부분 LA에 있었는데 지금은 시외로 나가는 제작이 많아 조금 더 희생이 필요하죠. 마리아가 토론토에서 캠프 록2 할 때랑 푸에르토리코에서 위저드 영화를 할 때처럼요. 둘 다 7주 동안 촬영했거든요. 그래서 저와 딸들이 짐을 싸서 같이 갔죠. 먼저 에이전트에게 우리가 가고서 몇 주 동안은 일을 안 할 거라고 말했어요. 처음엔 마리아랑 베이비시터를 애들과 같이 보내고 그 다음엔 그냥 여기 남아서 오디션을 보러 가는 게 어떨까 생각했죠. 근데 애들을 여기서 돌보고 데리고 있고 싶지 않았어요. 애들이 4살, 6살 때 엄마랑 그렇게 오래 떨어져있었던 적이 있어서. 그래서 그냥 저도 같이 가기로 결심했어요 저랑 마리아랑 애들만요. 젠킬은 그런 생각을 하게 했어요. 제가 젠킬을 촬영할 때는 심지어 (애들이) 더 어렸고, 그 뒤로는 그렇게 오래 떠나 있지 않겠다고 다짐하게 됐어요. 그냥 일과 희생이 필요한데. 일이 아니라 가족이 우선이죠. 가정을 꾸리는 것은 우리에게 가장 중요한 일이에요.

7. Which episode of GK was your favorite to shoot and why?

Q 찍은 거중에 젤 재미있던 에피?

Episode 6! I had the most to say!!! And it was the most fun to shoot!

에피6이요! 제일 많이 말했어요!!! 그거 찍을 때 제일 재미있었어요!

8. Favorite moment off set?

Q 촬영 휴식때 재미있었던 순간?

Playing poker. It started out that I never really knew how to play and I kept telling them, no that's alright I pass. But then I finally started playing. Michael Kelly is a great player and he taught a few of us how to play Texas Hold 'Em. Sometimes during the game I'd show him what I was thinking of doing and he'd say why are you doing that Barrera?? It was the most fun I had. I'd be singing It's Midnight at the Oasis!!! Bjorn would play sometimes and I'd pick on him and sing to him...you don't have to be a hero, you don't have to be Bjorno! (to the tune of We Don't Need Another Hero by Tina Turner--yes he sang it.)

포커 게임이요. 처음에는 내가 포커를 어떻게 하는지 전혀 모르니까 계속 그들에게 "아니, 괜찮아 난 안할게."라고 했어요. 하지만 결국 게임을 시작하게 됐죠. 마이클 켈리(알파 패터슨 역)는 훌륭한 플레이어고 우리 중 몇 명에게 텍사스 홀드엠(포커)을 하는 법을 가르쳐 줬어요. 가끔 경기 중에 내가 뭘 할 건지 보여주곤 했는데, 왜 바레라를 하냐고 물었죠(같이 게임하는데 왜 관중석 앉은 것마냥 구냐는 뜻/이름 장난인듯). 그게 가장 재미있었고 난 'midnight at the oasis'를 불렀을 거예요!!! 비요른(스타이니 역)은 가끔 끼곤 했어요. 그리고 난 걔를 찝어서 노래도 불러줬죠. 넌 영웅이 될 필요도, 비요른이 될 필요도 없어! (티나 터너가 부른 "we don't need another hero" 가사에 맞춰 불렀죠.)

9. What show has been your favorite show to be a guest star on of the ones you have done so far?

Q 게스트로 출연한 쇼 중에 좋았던거?

I had a recurring spot on NYPD Blue. I was shooting with Jimmy Smits and everybody was nice and it was a great set to be on. Jimmy Smits was a great guy to work with, he was generous. I was young at the time, around the age of the young guys in GK, a kid basically, and he would always check to see if I wanted to do another take. I was touched by that. As a guest star or recurring star, you don't call any of the shots, but he was making sure I was taken care of. The set was very relaxed. It was a hit show, so they were very relaxed on set. It was a great experience.

리커링으로 출연한 nypd블루요.. 지미 스미츠와 촬영했는데 다들 친절했고 좋은 촬영장이었어요. 지미 스미츠는 함께 일하기 좋은 사람이었고 관대했어요. 그 당시에 전 젠킬에 나오는 어린 친구들 나이 정도였고, 그는 제가 또 다른 촬영을 하고 싶은지 항상 확인하곤 했어요. 그거에 감동받았어요. 게스트 스타나 리커링 스타로서, 어떤 명령도 하지 않으면서, 보살핌을 받을 수 있도록 확인해준 게. 촬영장이 많이 여유로웠어요. 히트한 쇼여서, 굉장히 여유로웠어요. 정말 좋은 경험이었어요.

10. Do you have any advice to give for anyone who is thinking of pursuing a career in acting?

Q 커리어에 도움되는 조언 있음?

GET TRAINED! Get as much training as possible. I spent 7 years of nothing but straight training. I went to UC San Diego and other schools that are different from universities with a theater program. These schools are made to train professional actors. Training is what will get you through the thin times. When you first get there and you are pursuing your career and auditioning, you need to know what you are doing, why you are there, and give great auditions. If you rely just on inspiration or what moves you in the moment for a certain audition it doesn't always work. And if you need this money to put food on the table or to pay your light bill, you still have to do your best. If you are not inspired, you still have to find a way to do your best, and that's where the training process comes in. Your 9 to 5 job is auditioning. Getting the job is like getting vacation, because then you are getting to do what you love.

트레이닝 받으세요! 가능한 한 많은 트레이닝을 받으세요. 저는 7년 동안 트레이닝만 했어요. 저는 UC 샌디에고를 비롯해 연극 프로그램이 있는 대학과는 다른 학교를 다녔지만. 이 학교들은 전문 배우들을 양성하기 위해 만들어졌어요. 트레이닝이 힘든 시간을 이겨낼 수 있어요. 여러분이 처음 그곳에 가서 오디션 볼 때, 무엇을 하고 있고, 왜 그곳에 있는지 알고, 오디션을 볼 필요가 있어요. 단지 영감이나 어떤 오디션을 위해 움직이는 것에 의존한다면, 그게 항상 되는 건 아니라서. 만약 여러분이 식탁에 음식을 놓거나 가벼운 요금을 내기 위해 돈이 필요하다면, 여러분은 최선을 다해야 해요. 영감을 받지 못했다면 여전히 최선을 다하는 방법을 찾아야 하고, 그 부분이 바로 트레이닝이죠. 당신 일은 오디션을 보는거예요. 직장을 얻는 것은 휴가를 얻는 것과 같아요. 당신이 좋아하는 일을 하게 될 거니까.

11. If you hadn't chosen to pursue a career in acting, what career would you choose instead?

Q 연기자가 안됐다면 대신 뭘 했을지

That's a hard one. In my sophomore year in high school I thought of becoming a biology major because I had a great teacher, and it was a great class...but then what exactly do you do with a biology degree? But I've always known that I wanted to be an actor.

그건 좀 어렵네요. 고등학교 2학년 때 생물학을 전공할 생각을 했어요 좋은 선생님이 계셨고 좋은 수업이었거든요... 근데 생물학 학위로 정확히 뭘 할 수 있죠?
저는 항상 배우가 되고 싶다는 것을 알고 있었어요.

12. What is the one piece of advice you received as an actor that you feel has been the most beneficial to you?

Q 배우로서 유익했던 조언?

When I was young, I learned from older actors. One time I was on the set of NYPD Blue sitting with Dennis Franz. Dennis had paid his dues as an actor...in Chicago doing theater, Hill Street Blues, NYPD Blue. So we were sitting there and production was taking a while in getting to us. I said something to him, more just to have something to say than anything, not because that's how I felt. I said, man they sure are taking a long time aren't they? And he replied, well, it's better than waiting tables, isn't it? He's so right. We're blessed to be able to do what we love and we have little room to complain. He taught me to be grateful that I get to make a living doing what I love.

어렸을 때 선배 배우들한테 배웠어요. NYPD blue 촬영 때 한번은 데니스 프란츠랑 같이 hill street blues랑 nypd blue가 상영되는 시카고 극장에 가서 돈을 지불했어요. 배우인데. 그래서 우리는 그냥 거기에 앉아 있었고, 제작진이 우리에게 다가오는 데 시간이 걸렸어요. 그냥 할 말이 필요해서, 내가 그렇게 느낀게 아니라, 정말 오래 걸리네요, 안 그래요? 했더니 그가 대답했죠 "대기석보다는 낫지." 그 말이 맞아요. 우리는 우리가 좋아하는 일을 할 수 있어서 축복받았고 불평할 여지가 거의 없다고. 내가 사랑하는 일을 하면서 생계를 유지할 수 있다는 것에 감사해야 한다고. 엄청난 가르침을 줬어요

케케 확실히 어린 배우들에 비해 연륜이 보인다 인터뷰에서 원하는 답을 해주는 거 같음 ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

Nypd blue는 뱅장님도 나왔더라 다른 에피긴 하지만 ㅋㅋㅋ

출처 팬페이지 번역 파파고 돌림
2021.12.24 23:53
ㅇㅇ
모바일
번역붕 고마워!!!! 즐거운 크리스마스 보내!!!!!!!
[Code: 5a9b]
2021.12.24 23:59
ㅇㅇ
모바일
진짜 모여서 6,7개월씩 지냈던거 정말 좋았나보다ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ같이 지내면서 행복했던 거 같아서 좋아ㅠㅠㅠㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ 번역 잘봤엌ㅋㅋㅋ 메리크리스마스~~
[Code: d81c]
2021.12.25 00:17
ㅇㅇ
모바일
이쯤 되니까 젠킬 출연진들이 부러워진다 진짜 하나같이 다들 평생갈 우정이라고 말하네 촬영하는 내내 좋았다고도 꼭 말하고...좋은 사람들끼리 잘 모아놨나봄
[Code: fae7]
2021.12.25 00:20
ㅇㅇ
모바일
번역붕 사랑이다!!!!!!케케본체 가정적인 분이구나 따숩네ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ젠킬 크루들 친하게 지낸거 좋다ㅠㅠㅠ근디 포커는 ㄹㅇ 많이들 쳤나보다ㅋㅋㅋㅋ
[Code: 589c]
2021.12.25 01:02
ㅇㅇ
모바일
첫 답변에 여자들 얘기는 딸들 말하는것 같음!
[Code: 69bd]
2021.12.25 01:47